Upon a lot of requests from social workers to help children, growing up in families in need to buy glasses, we are continuing the project!
The purpose of the Project – is to help families in need as well as families with many children and the ones raising children with special needs, to purchase prescription glasses for these children.
• to raise targeted funds for glasses for children from the families in need in order to ensure one of the basic human needs – a good vision, which would lead to a better contact with environment, a better well-being, higher self-esteem and increased self-confidence of a child;
• to prevent difficulties for children while learning;
• to help children grow more healthy and safe, to be more receptive at school.
• to provide support to an average of 10 children per month;
• to provide support to at least 120 children per year from various towns and regions of Lithuania;
• to allocate the financial aid from 30 till 60 Euro per child, depending on the needed prescribed corrective lenses.
During the first part of the project, in the year 2017, 130 children from different cities and regions of Lithuania received the new stylish glasses.
In the year 2018, 50 children are already enjoying their new glasses.
We thank our partner UAB “Optikos pasaulis” for their help, advices, flexibility and cooperation with us.
We invite social workers from Social Support Centers and Special Educational Institutions, as well parents and guardians to submit applications to receive information for glasses of children with visual impairments.
With this project Aleksandr Gridin Charity Foundation wants to help the less fortunate children of Lithuania to see the world brighter and clearer as well as decorate their little noses with stylish frames – an accessory that will bring joy and give confidence.
Make a donation as a bank account transfer to the Foundation’s bank account LT327300010132901508 „Swedbank“, AB Alexander Gridin Foundation, legal entity code 302864683, indicating the purpose of the payment as “Glasses for Children”
Let’s join our forces to provide help to these children – they are our future!